Friday is here already and one of our weekend traditions, visiting the LCBO for alcohol, is on hold til May. The good news is that you’re saving money on alcohol so the program often pays for itself! No juice this morning as the fridge was already looking fairly empty. By the end of the day is was empty enough that I was able to easily clean it and then fill it will 5 bags full of groceries. So many veggies and fruit!! I love it. It’s actually fun to start conversations with strangers who work at the grocery store when they see your cart full of mostly fruit and veg.
Lunch was a bit of a surprise, as we had finished all of the salad last night. I forgot about this when I went down to eat. Luckily I had some leftover brown rice and some veggies so I made a simple stir fry.
Simple Lunch Stir Fry
- Assortment of veggies, chopped
- Coconut oil
- Spices, assorted
- Brown rice or quinoa
- Hemp seeds or hearts
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Optomega or olive oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the veggies and cook til fork tender.
- Sprinkle with tamari sauce.
- Add spices – I used garlic powder, pink salt and ground pepper.
- Add the rice to heat it up.
- Serve in a bowl and top with hemp seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle with Optomega or olive oil.
Best accidental lunch ever! It was so good! That’s what is so great about this program, once you know what to avoid and what to include, there is room to be creative.
Our first big group is starting on Monday. Are you going to be a part of it? What are you waiting for?