It’s the long weekend here in Canada and that means it’s time to prepare for this year’s 30 Day Whole Body Detox! I have yet to do my shopping for this week, as stores are closed today but I’ll be sharing photos of tomorrow’s shopping and I’ll probably pick up a few last minute things on Monday as well (stores are closed on Sunday as well). I’ll be taking the lead with the early bird group of detoxers and we start on Tuesday April 7th. That’s also the evening of our LIVE webinar info session that you can watch from home. The first group detox starts on Monday April 13th. We also have two start dates for May.
Here are a few simple steps to prepare:
- Read the 30 Day Whole Body Detox recipe & guidebook you received with your order.
- Download all of the FREE downloads that go with the book, including a grocery list, weekly prep, weekly menu plan, juicing with a blender, tips for eating out and pre and post detox checklist. Your coach will send you a link.
- Complete the pre-detox checklist. I’ll be sharing my detox goals with you tomorrow.
- Clean out your cupboards! Remove tempting foods and vices such as alcohol (or make it less accessible). The real key to willpower is not having it in the house. You’ll need extra support from your family on this one. You may end up taking a few people along (unwillingly) on your journey!
- Take a look at the suggested menu plan. If you like it, you can follow it exactly. If you are up for it, try the vegan/vegetarian plan for this month. There is a third, blank page so that you can also create your own menu as well.
- Using the recipe book, fill out the grocery list with the items you’ll be needed for the first 3-4 days of the week maximum. This program requires a lot of fresh veggies and fruit so you’ll likely be making a few trips to the store during the week. The biggest challenge when you first start is not to over-buy when it come to produce.
- Note that if you aren’t really used to eating in this way, your first trip will likely be a bit more expensive as you’ll have to buy some of the pantry items. The good news is that many of these will last the full 30 days and beyond (such as a bag of chia seeds or hemp hearts). This allow you to continue to cook your favorite recipes once the program is done.
- Take a photo of the new and interesting foods you’ve purchase for the first time and share with us on our Facebook page.
- After your visit to the grocery store, plan some time to do your weekly prep, using the weekly prep sheet. This includes cutting up vegetables, making some brown rice and quinoa, cooking chicken breasts and hard boiling eggs for example. You can also prep a few items such as the No Bake Protein bars or the Clean Detox Fudge.
- Share your intentions with your family and friends and ask them for their support. Your first few days or even first week may be difficult, not only physically but emotionally as well. It’s all worth it, I promise you, but it’s best to have the support from your family as you’re detoxing.
I am actually quite excited to be grocery shopping tomorrow. I look forward to posting every day and going through this journey with you!
If you’d like to join us, order your program here. Or simply email us – info (at) 30daywholebodydetox.com and we’ll give you a call or reply within 24 hours.