Winter weather always makes me more creative! I love experimenting in the kitchen, and 3 out of 4 times, the recipes are tasty. This is a new creation that I have only made once, so the measurements are approximate. A stir fry doesn’t really require precise measurements, so it should be simple to recreate in your own kitchen.
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice (½ cup per person) – heated
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 ribs of celery, chopped
- ½ large red onion, or 1 medium, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ cups of snap peas, snapped in half
- Red, orange or yellow sweet peppers, approx. 1 ½ total, chopped
- Thai peanut sauce, gluten-free (if required)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt (sea or Himalayan), pepper and dried coriander
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and sliced into small chunks
- Optional: chicken or lean beef (palm sized portion)
- In a large frying pan, melt the coconut oil on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add broccoli, celery, snap peas and peppers.
- Drizzle with Thai peanut sauce (approx. 1 tbsp).
- Cook until broccoli is bright green and gives when you push it with the spatula.
- Season with salt, pepper and coriander to taste.
- Divide the rice into bowls, approx. ½ cup per person. Add ¼ of the stir fry mixture on top.
- Add 5-6 chunks of fresh mango on top. Add chicken or beef if using.
- Drizzle with additional peanut sauce.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight glass container for 3 days in the fridge. Recommend storing rice and stir fry mixture separately.